Don’t miss your chance to register! Join us on Thursday, June 8, at 10am PDT for HRSA’s webinar, “Transportation and Health Access.” Health Outreach Partners will present on the following:
- What are transportation barriers to health care?
- Who is most impacted by this issue?
- How can health centers and other organizations use a continuous quality improvement process to reduce missed medical appointments due to transportation barriers?
We look forward to sharing our Transportation Initiative findings with you as well as our Transportation Quality Improvement Toolkit!
Click below for additional details
Date and Time: June 8, 2017 10:00AM-1100AM (PDT)
Goal: To provide information and resources regarding the following topic areas:
- Gain an understanding of why transportation can be a major barrier to accessing critical health care and social services.
- Transportation can be a barrier particularly for seniors, children, Veterans, those living in rural areas, and low-income individuals and families.
- Increasing the awareness of health centers in better understanding how transportation barriers are impacting their patient population.
- Learn how health centers can use the toolkit in with assessing the scope of the problem of missed medical appointments due to transportation barriers.
- Learn how to implement the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle to find patient-centered solutions.
- Learn how to conduct a landscape scan of community resources, such as transit authorities and aging services, access points.
- Discussion of strategies for partnering with local organizations operating non-emergency medical transportation services.
- Resources for helping health centers determine the cost of missed appointments due to transportation barriers.
- An overview of the Veterans Transportation Programs: Beneficiary Travel (BT), Veterans
- Transportation Service (VTS) and the Highly Rural Transportation Grant (HRTG) program.